16:18 Sep. 6, 2016
15 Ukrainian military industry enterprises are present on a biggest defence rally in Eastern and Central Europe
The International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO-2016 in Kielce (Poland) has broken its own score, organisers say. This year's exhibition brings together 614 companies from 30 countries, inducing: Austria, Belgium, China, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Spain, the Netherlands, Israel, Japan, Canada, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Germany, Norway, Poland, Republic of South Africa, Slovakia, Slovenia, United States, Switzerland Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Italy.
The exhibitors use 27,000 square meters as the showcase for products and services. The 41 official delegations from all over the globe have confirmed their presence at the expo This is consecutive MSPO held under the auspices of the Republic of Poland President Andrzej Duda.
The top presentation of host country is the new modification of Soviet-era T-72 tank, Polish Radio says. Polish military-industrial association (Polska Grupa Zdrojeniowa – PGZ) will present PT-16 tank and universal tracked modular platform. It's gun turret besides main cannon is equipped with a 30 mm calibre gun and anti-tank guided missiles SPIKE. According to designers the crew protection, improved suspension and transmission systems make this transport very advanced in its kind.
Ukraine in turn sends big and representative delegation to the exhibition. Ukroboronprom exposition is located in Hall D, booth D-18. The delegation is headed by Ukroboronprom Director General Roman Romanov.
As corporate website says, Ukroboronprom is a union of 100+ defence industry enterprises, operating in the fields of development, production, sale, repair, modernization and disposition of weapons, military and special equipment, ammunition, engaging in military-technical cooperation with other countries. This time the following Ukroboronprom enterprises will be represented in Kielce:
– SC Ukrspetsexport: export and import of military and dual-use products and services;
– STIF Ukrinmash: delivery of armament, ammunition and special purpose military equipment;
– SFTC Progress: export and import of modern military equipment and technology;
– SFTE Spetstehnoeksport: exporting and importing activities in foreign markets;
– SE Lviv State Aircraft Repair Plant: repair of aircraft and military purpose equipment. Specialization of the plant: front fighters and fighter-bombers of MiG type.
– SE Antonov: full cycle of modern aircraft development: from pre-project scientific research to construction, tests, certification, serial production and after-sale maintenance;
– SJSHC Artem: production and export of more than 70 titles of special and aircraft equipment; medical equipment manufacturing;
– SE Mykolayiv Aircraft Repair Plant NARP: specializes in major overhaul and repair of various types of aircraft and engines, marine gas turbine plants and components;
– SE Zhytomyr Armored Plant: manufacture, overhaul and modernization of lightly-armoured vehicles of various modifications: combat reconnaissance patrol vehicle "BRDM," armoured carrier, armoured infantry carrier, airborne fighting vehicle, and their modifications;
– SE Scientific-Technical Complex Precision Engineering Plant: artillery armament production, manufacture of spares and components;
– SE Design Bureau ‘Artillery Armament': research, development and production operations, aimed at creating modern artillery and small arms, ammunitions; production of weapons and munitions;
– State Enterprise Izyum Instrument-Making Plant – optical devices manufacturing for military purposes;
– SE Kyiv Armour Plant: production of light armament of armoured force vehicles; overhaul and modernization of armoured engineering and combat vehicles, weapon ordnance; production of spares for armoured vehicles and armament;
– SE Konotop Aircraft Repair Plant AVIAKON: overhaul and refurbishment, re-equipment and modernization of Мі-6, Мі-2, Мі-8, Мі-17, Мі-24, Мі-35 і Мі-26 helicopters of all modifications and their equipment;
– SE Lviv State Plant Lorta: manufacture of products for AA missile system C-300, aviation technology and armoured vehicles, ground and on-vehicle equipment, radar stations.
As reported earlier, in August Ukraine's state arms manufacturer presented new models of unmanned vehicles and weapons.