12:05 Nov. 16, 2016
Joint Investigation Team have already identified 100 individuals linked to the crash
The names of those responsible for shooting down the Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in July 2014 over eastern Ukraine are expected to be released no later than 2018, the Malaysian-based Star newspaper reported on Wednesday, referring to the country's Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai.
Liow said that the Joint Investigation Team (JIT) had already identified 100 individuals linked to the tragedy.
"They have to call every one of them to investigate all the details and when we have identified who shot the aircraft, we will do everything in our power to get the court in Netherlands to prosecute those responsible," the Malaysian Transport Minister was quoted as saying.
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 was brought down on July 17, 2014 by a Russian-made surface-to-air Buk missile. All 298 people on board were killed, most of them Dutch nationals.
In September 2016, the Dutch-led international Joint Investigation Team said that the missile that hit the plane was fired from territory controlled by Russian-backed militants. The missile launcher was brought into Ukraine from Russia and returned back after hitting the plane.