MH17 investigation: Breaking: Investigation says Russia involved in MH17 crash (UPDATE)
Crime13:56 Sep. 28, 2016
1816views

Breaking: Investigation says Russia involved in MH17 crash (UPDATE)

A rocket was launched from militant-held territory, launcher returned to Russia

International investigative team concluded that the "Buk" launcher, which downed Malaysian Boeing in Donbas, was brought into the territory of Ukraine from Russia, local media NOS reports. This is stated in a perliminary conclusion of the Joint Investigation Team (JIT), given by the prosecutor Fred Westerbeke to the relatives of the passengers, killed in plane crash.

Families were informed of the prosecutors' findings shortly before a news conference was due to start in the central Dutch city of Nieuwegein on the outcome of the investigation.

The document to be presented today, states that the flight MH17 was shot down by a missile from the territory of the village of Pervomaisky Pervomaisky district, which was in July 2014 under the control of Kremlin-backed separatists. After launching the missile unit returned to the territory of Russia. At this stage the investigators could not determine who made a start.

Both settlements are located near the town of Snizhne in the zone, which previously settled by the Netherlands as the place of the missile launch. It is alleged that the starting point is located six kilometers from the Snizhne.

comments powered by Disqus

RELATED VIDEO

Crime17:09 Dec. 6, 2016
Fatal police shootout: everyone concerned have been interrogated
Crime16:41 Dec. 6, 2016
How Ukraine documented Putin's piracy in Black Sea (video)
Crime17:01 Dec. 4, 2016
Germany expects Russian cyber-attacks during elections
Crime13:34 Dec. 4, 2016
No further progress on forces' withdrawal registred in Donbas
Crime12:15 Dec. 3, 2016
Russia's central bank loses at least 2 billion rubles in cyber attack
Ukraine Today WEEKLY DIGEST
Subscribe to receive regular email updates about Ukraine and Eastern Europe
vk154998