09:23 Jul. 23, 2016
Police confirms German-Iranian attacker acted alone
A shooting at a Munich shopping centre which left nine people dead was carried out by one gunman who then killed himself, German police have said, according to a BBC report.
The suspect was an 18-year-old German-Iranian dual national who lived in Munich, police told a news conference, but his motive is unclear.
Sixteen people were injured, three critically, police added.
A huge manhunt was launched following reports that up to three gunmen had been involved in the attack.
The body of the suspect was found about 1km (0.6 miles) from the Olympia shopping centre in the north-western suburb of Moosach.