11:00 Nov. 5, 2016
38 attacks in past 24 hours, Ukraine says
The Russian-backed separatist forces violated the ceasefire 38 times in the past 24 hours, Ukraine military officials said Saturday, November 5.
Once again they concentrated the majority of their attacks in the Mariupol sector, targeting the government forces in the villages and town near the city.
The militants opened fire 25 times in the area, using 152-mm and 120-mm mortars as well as the grenade launchers and assault rifles.
Another eight attacks were registered in the Donetsk sector, traditionally aimed at Ukraine-controlled and other locations.
The situation in the Luhansk region was relatively stable, with only 5 provocations against the Ukrainian soldiers, the report said.
Earlier OSCE said the hostilities had escalated lately, reaching 8 thousand ceasefire violations just during the last week.