11:33 Mar. 23, 2016
Ukraine's Finance Minister says she is willing to form 'technocratic Cabinet'
"My approach towards forming the Cabinet of Ministers completely complies with that of Ms. Jaresko. We need people who have an unblemished reputation", Abromavicius tweets.
Earlier this week, Natalie Jaresko stated that she was ready to become Ukraine's new Prime Minister and create a technocratic government.
According to Jaresko, ministers of the future technocratic government have to meet the following requirements:
1. to serve people, not themselves and have an unblemished reputation;
2. to fight against corruption and political interference with state authorities;
3. to avoid participating in elections or pursuing a political career;
4. to believe that Ukraine can become successful only through implementing democratic and economic freedoms, in particular the Association Agreement with E.U. and IMF program;
5. to have a relevant crisis management experience.
Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko is mulling three ways of development of the situation with the appointment of a new government.
The first one is a technocratic government led by Natalie Jaresko "in case of uniting all pro-European factions" around such a government. The second one is the "political government (for example, headed by Andriy Sadoviy, leader of Samopomich party).The third scenario is the government led by another person.