17:46 Sep. 20, 2016
Multi-discipline practical competition for bodyguards has been organised for participants from Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Belarus, Romania and Poland.
Kyiv holds the VII World Bodyguards Cup. More than 90 competitors arrived in the capital of Ukraine to upgrade their professional skills and share their experiences.
18 teams took part in the competition. They were representing State Security, Guard Services and Law Enforcement Agencies from their respective countries alongside Legal Private Security and bodyguard companies.
The Championship was organised by Ukraine's Department of State Guard.
Competition consisted of 8 parts:
- Tactics and techniques for escorting a VIP;
- Hand-to-hand combat;
- Shooting at a target while guarding;
- Fast shooting from various positions;
- Protection of stopped automobile with combat shooting;
- Masterful driver;
- Rendering of First Aid to a Guarded Person and Evacuation by Overcoming Obstacles
- and searching for explosive devices;
This year Ukraine is the only country that had both male and female teams. Two women teams were from National Police and State Guarding Service. Ukrainian team usually shows good results. Just this spring it won gold and bronze at the European Championship in Bulgaria.